16 POWERFUL QUESTIONS TO ASK A REALTOR® BEFORE YOU SIGN A LISTING CONTRACT TO SELL YOUR HOME
1. How long have you been selling real estate?
2. What is the percent of Sellers compared to Buyers that you serve?
3. Do you have a licensed personal assistant or back-up support system?
4. What systems do you have in place that will keep you in constant contact with me during the listing and the transaction?
5. Are you fully automated with your own personal computer, fax machine, copier, pager, mobile phone, etc.?
6. May I see all the paperwork that you are going to ask me to sign?
7. How much time and money do you invest each month in professional training?
8. Why are you personally motivated to sell my house?
9. Why should I list with your company rather than any other company that is calling on me?
10. How many homes does your company sell in a year?
11. Will you personally be there when contracts are presented and handle all the negotiations?
12. Do you have a website?
13. Will you directly market my property on the Internet?
14. Do you follow-up on all showings on the house and report the comments back to me?
15. What part of your business is from referrals/past clients?
16. Do you market with direct mailings on my property?
It's likely that you don't interview people very often. And yet, in order to find the REALTOR® who is right for you, you may interview several. The quality of your home selling experience is dependent upon your skill at selecting the person best qualified.
It's interesting that in the real estate business, someone with many successfully closed transactions usually COSTS THE SAME as someone who is inexperienced. Bringing that experience to bear on your transaction could mean a higher price at the negotiating table, selling in less time, and with the minimum amount of hassles.
The world is populated with REALTORS® who are wrong for you. For example, the housewife who sells an occasional house because she needs a little pocket change, or the insurance salesman who believes he can handle two careers, or perhaps your cousin, who really needs your business.
The sale of your home could well be the most important financial transaction you have ever been involved with. The person you select can make it a satisfying and profitable activity, or a terrible experience. It's your home, and your money. The choice of your REALTOR® is up to you. Make the selection carefully and be sure to contact a RE/MAX® Kelowna REALTOR® for a comprehensive marketing plan for your home.